29. The Questioning Mind

Your love and faith has drawn you from hundreds of miles to be
with me for a few hours. Although I sent you word that you should
not ask me any questions I know that some of you are just waiting
for the opportunity to ask some. It is the nature of the mind to go
on asking. But love asks no questions; it seeks nothing but the will
of the Beloved.
Mind wants to know that which is beyond mind. To know that
which is beyond mind, mind must go—vanish, leaving no vestige
of itself behind. The humour of it is, the mind, which is finite,
wants to retain itself and yet know Truth, which is infinite. This is
the position of those who seek Truth through intellect. Few grasp
this fact, and so most grope and grapple in vain.
It is easy to ask questions, but it needs past preparation to grasp
what I explain. Those who have the authority to ask and the
capacity to understand do not ask. They understand that God is
un-understandable and beyond the reach of the questioning mind.
Every one wants to be happy. Each of you seeks happiness in
one way or another invariably to meet with dissatisfaction and
disappointment. In reality you are Bliss itself—but what a comedy
Illusion stages before you, what game it makes of you to make
you aware of it!
One of my lovers has complained, Baba, I have led a pure life yet
I have had to suffer much. Perhaps others of you have a similar
complaint; but you can only have such because you have no idea of the purpose behind it all. I do
not mean that you should invite suffering; I mean, do not fear
suffering or blame anyone for it.
According to the Law that governs the universe, all suffering is
your labour of love to unveil your Real Self. In comparison to the
Infinite Bliss you experience on attaining the I-am-God state, all
the suffering and agony you go through amounts to practically
nothing. I am the Source of Infinite Bliss. To draw you to me and
to make you realize that you are Bliss Itself, I come amidst you
and suffer infinite agony.
I am the Ancient One. When I say I am God it is not because I
have thought about it and concluded that I am God - I know it to
be so. Many consider it blasphemy for one to say he is God; but in
truth it would be blasphemous for me to say I am not God.
When you say, I am man, it is not a matter of possibly or perhaps.
There is no doubt in your mind. No corroboration is needed and
no contradiction could affect it. It is a matter of supreme certainty
to you. Suppose you could descend to the level of animal
consciousness while at the same time retaining human
consciousness, what you would convey to the animal is, I am a
man. I am a man and one day you too shall become man. I have
come down to your level of consciousness while retaining Infinite
Consciousness; and I repeatedly tell you that I am God in order to
help you know that you too are God. I am God and everyone and
everything is nothing but God, and one day everyone and
everything too will become God consciously.
The greatest sin is hypocrisy. He is the greatest hypocrite, who,
himself being one, asks others not to be hypocritical. I want you
all to be honest. You should not pretend to be what you are not.
One of you has said, Baba, I am doing my duty honestly, yet I am
not happy. Who is to be blamed for this? Does God take
advantage of my weakness? I am happy with your frankness, but
you have yet to come to that honesty which will show you that you
cannot blame anyone for your condition. Whatever you want to be,
that you become. However, if you want to blame anyone blame
me, for everything in the universe has come out of me and so I
am the only one who can be blamed. But you have no idea of my
love and compassion which sustains your very being. In love is
infinite compassion, and whatever happens is already tempered
by compassion. You cannot understand this unless you go
beyond the reach of mind.
If at all I did take advantage of your weakness it would be only for
your advantage. Weakness is but a degree of strength. As Infinite
Life I experience myself as everyone and everything; I enjoy and
suffer through you to make you aware that you are Infinite.
Why should you not be happy? What need bind you to
unhappiness? Binding is self-created. It can be overcome if you
really want to become free. You are your own obstacle to freedom,
and merely wishing for freedom is not enough. It is not what you
think or say that matters, but what you sincerely feel within. If you
want God, you must want God alone. It is possible to get God if
you want to experience Truth. And what is the cost? Your own
separate existence. When you surrender all falseness you inherit
the Truth that you really are.
Truth is beyond the reach of mind. It is a matter of experience.
Mind is very elusive and creates innumerable excuses in order to
entrap you. It causes you to say, I cannot live just for God. I have
my duty towards my family, towards society, the nation and the
world.And so you are pulled more into Illusion than towards Truth.
Truth is simple, but Illusion makes it infinitely intricate. The
person is rare who possesses an insatiable longing for Truth;
the rest allow Illusion to bind them ever more and more. God
alone is Real and all else that you see and feel is nothing but
a series of nothings.
I am Infinite Knowledge, Power and Bliss. I can make anyone
realize God if I choose to do so. You may ask, Why not make
me realize God now? But why should it be you? Why not the
person next to you or the man in the street, or that bird on the
tree, or that stone - who are all one in different forms? The
more you love me the sooner you will discard the falsehood
you have chosen to hide under that hoodwinks you into
believing you are what you are not. I am in all and love all
equally. Your love for me will wear through your falseness and
make you realize the Self that you truly are.
Mere intellectual understanding does not bring God nearer to
you. It is love, not questioning, that will bring God to you.
Questioning nourishes pride and separateness. So do not ask
questions, but strive to become a 'slave' of the Perfect Master.
When your life presents an honest and sincere picture of your
mind and heart just an embrace from a Perfect Master is
enough to quicken the spirit. When I the Ancient One
embrace you I awaken something within you which gradually
grows. It is the seed of Love that I have sown. There is a long
period and great distance between the breaking open of the
seed and its flowering and fruiting. Actually the Goal is neither
far nor near and there is no distance to cross nor time to
count. In Eternity all is here and now. You have simply to
become that which you are. You are God, the Infinite
Existence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

43. Toys in the Divine Game

42. A Nod of My Head

44. God Alone Is